Holiday Animal Shelter Drive
After receiving this message from the Hoboken Dogs Association, I realized that I forgot to go to the auction today at noon!
“This Saturday we’ll be dropping off all the donations we’ve collected since November to our recipient shelters. We’ll be meeting up at Extra Space Storage (15th and Clinton St.) at 10:30 a.m., at which time we’ll divvy up all the donations and load up the cars. Depending on the number of volunteers/cars, we should be able to send one or two cars to a different shelter, and have everything completed by 12:30.
If you would like to help out, please e-mail Allison at email@example.com, or call 908-229-5543.
Many thanks to those of you who have already dropped off donations and given your time to our Holiday Shelter Drive — the animals will be so grateful!”
From the Hoboken Dogs Association:
“For the fifth year in a row, we will be kicking off our annual holiday shelter drive on Sunday, November 11. The drive will run until December 29, when the donations will be distributed to animal shelters in the area. Last year’s recipients included the Liberty Humane Society/Shelter of Jersey City, Assisi Center/Hudson County SPCA, Secaucus Animal Shelter, Hudson County Animal League and the Associated Humane Societies’ Newark Shelter.
This Sunday, posters and drop boxes will be distributed to the following locations: Beowoof, Cornerstone Pets, Hoboken Fish & Pets, Animal Infirmary of Hoboken, Hoboken Animal Hospital, Hoboken Historical Museum, Hoboken Unleashed Dog Day Care, Fetch-It Pet Supplies, River Pets of Edgewater and Animal General of Edgewater, and Wanna Go Out of Weehawken.
If you are interested in helping out, we’re happy to give you a few options:
- Be a box monitor. You can choose a location you’d like to visit on a regular basis (once every week or two) and clear out the box if it’s overflowing.
- Help out at the Kings donation drives to collect monetary and product donations. This is very easy and fun!
- Hang posters around town and the dog parks.
- Assist in the sorting and distribution of the donations to the shelters on December 29. This is always a really wonderful day for everyone, and it takes about 4 hours.
- Spread the word! This is always a valuable thing.
We hope to have your support with this project, and if you would like to sign up for any of the specific volunteer opportunities, please contact Allison Lurker at firstname.lastname@example.org.