Hoboken Week in Review: 3/17/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – March 17, 2013
Happy Real St. Patrick’s Day everyone! (Whatever that means!)
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 17, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Does Dawn Zimmer live in Disneyland? – According to some city officials, she does!
- What does St. Paddy’s Day mean to you? – We outline how most holidays get “bastardized” to the point where they become devalued.
- Positive Hoboken Graffiti – Popping up all over town at a break-neck pace!
- Hoboken Saved By a Developer! – When City Hall numbnuts can’t make anything happen, best bet is to leave it up to those who have intelligence. Like savvy businessmen!
- FBI spotted in Hoboken – Not agents, per se – but wacky conspiracy signs that accuse a Federal Agency of being up to no good!
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Irish Festival #FAIL – Hoboken’s pathetic replacement to an Irish celebration was a pathetic failure.
- Apple Store in Hoboken? – Rumors say that it’s almost a DONE DEAL.
- Legal Beans reopening next week – Favorite downtown coffee shop and food destination re-surfaces after Hurricane Sandy flooding devastated them.
- R.I.P. Filippo’s Pizza – Favorite pizza place also doomed by Hurricane Sandy.
- Hoboken Real Estate Updates:
- Chris’s Curbside Cravings – A Hoboken sidewalk lunch vendor serving up more than hot dogs, in less than a food truck.
- 16 Handles – High-end frozen yogurt arrives on the Hoboken waterfront uptown. Raises the bar for “FroYo” in the Mile Square.
- Clearview Cinemas – What movie will you see this week?