Hoboken Week in Review: 2/24/2013
Hoboken Week in Review – February 24, 2013
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 24, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Stolen car chase – Lazy driver leaves car running. The result? Damaged cars and a hurt pooch.
- Hoboken Most Optimistic? – Some dating site ranked Hoboken number one.
- GPS Thefts – Can be prevented if you don’t leave them in plain sight.
- NJ Transit Redevelopment – Will it help or hurt Hoboken?
- Dawn Zimmer ideas – Residents feel she’s just full of
hot airpress releases touting “ideas” – and not substantial real action.
- Jake Stuiver and the HHA – Housing Authority residents not too keen with the current
- Hit and Run – Cars crashing into other cars and leaving the scene happens almost daily.
- Poor Hoboken road conditions – Maybe that’s why cars are always crashing?
- Is Pier A Park next to collapse? – Residents wonder as bricks start sagging.
- Sluggish Sinatra progress – Will the waterfront soccer field be done this year?
- Flaming Fire Footage – Scenes from the Madison Street Fire last week.
- Hoboken Graffiti – Does it make it better if it contains a positive or uplifting message?
Updates & Events
- Empire Auto Leasing – That’s right – Hoboken finally has a car dealer – without the hassle!
- Changing Hoboken Landscape – More photos as we track the demolition of a known Hoboken landmark.
- Best Hoboken Chicken Wings – You’ll want to try the Top 3 Chicken wings in Hoboken.
- Poplar Wood Farm – Hoboken helps a NJ farmer achieve his goal to improve “Jersey Fresh” veggies for our weekly family market.
- Clearview Cinemas – What movie will you see this week? (Note – same flicks as last week).