HFA Fall Swap Meet
This Sunday, November 4th. See the “411” below.
HFA Fall Swap Meet
When: November 4th @ 1:30-3:30pm
Location: Our Lady of Grace Church, 400 Willow Ave at Church Square Park
How Does it Work?
Bring your items to the swap meet and get a credit for each thing you bring. For example, you receive one credit for one item of clothing or multiple credits for larger items such as bouncy seats. You can exchange these credits for clothing, shoes, coats, and toys. Larger baby gear items are for cash purchase only. If you don’t have any items for exchange or would like to take home more items than you brought, you may purchase items for cash (example: $1 per clothing item, $2 maternity clothes, $2 shoes, $1-$10 toys, $10-$20 larger baby gear) Or, you can just donate your items. Any items you bring in excess of your purchases are considered donations and will go to In Jesus’ Name Charities and other local organizations.
What to Bring?
- All baby, toddler, and children’s clothes, shoes, and coats.
- Baby gear (strollers, bouncy seats, diaper bags, etc.)
- Toys and children’s books (only complete items with all small parts in a plastic bag taped to toy if applicable, and books with all pages in readable condition only, please)
- Maternity clothes
- Anything you find in good enough condition for you to use it in your home. If you don’t find it acceptable, neither will anyone else!
What NOT to Bring?
- Stuffed animals
- Items without all its parts – for example, please no changing pads from diaper bags, hoses to breast pumps, and other miscellaneous parts to larger items—we don’t know what they are and they often get lost in the shuffle—if you think it is a useful item, consider advertising it on the HFA bulletin board (registration required)
Or just donate
April Harris, the coordinator at In Jesus’ Name Charities (located on the grounds of Our Lady of Grace) has generously volunteered to collect items in the weeks ahead of the swap meet. You may call her at 201-792-2112 to schedule a time for drop-off. Please work with April to find a time that works for both of you—it is her mission to find homes for the wonderful items that are donated to In Jesus’ Name Charities and she expressed a desire to be as available as possible to you all but might not always be able to accommodate your schedule.
When you drop off your items with April, mention they are for the Swap Meet. Items dropped off will be considered a donation-only. If you are able to attend the Swap Meet and would like credit for your items for exchange, please bring them the day of the event. Thank you! And sorry, but due to space constraints, April is unable to store larger baby items such as strollers or full-sized baby swings. Please check with her if you have an item in question.
If you have any questions or would kindly volunteer an hour of your time to help at the Swap Meet, please contact Cheryl and HFAphilanthopy@gmail.com