Hoboken Week in Review: 1/27/2013
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 27, 2013
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 27, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking Ticket Robbery – Not only does Hoboken ticket cars when parking was supposed to be free – they kick you while you’re down with a car that doesn’t start.
- No Strollers Allowed – One uptown restaurant had to lay down the law with massive baby SUV’s.
- Baby Blockade – One daycare center feels they have the right to block sidewalks.
- PATH woes continue after Sandy – The PATH travels in two directions, some commuters left out.
- Pills & Guns – Any connection? Is our mental health system responsible for personal actions?
Updates & Events
- Bidding Farewell to Hoboken
Some businesses are no longer with us here in the Mile Square:
- Cartridge World – closing up soon after an 8 year stint. Get supplies at 50% off now!
- Burlington Coat Factory – Take souvenir pictures now, as it will eventually get leveled and re-developed!
- Second Time Around – “Upscale” used clothing shop couldn’t afford “upscale” Hoboken rents.
- Eyebrow Place – Moved off the Avenue to a more affordable spot uptown on 14th Street.
- Cream & Sugar Café – Gets evicted from the “ground zero” flood zone near ShopRite.
- A big Hoboken welcome
New businesses and updates:
- Clearview Cinemas – New this week: Movie 43 and Hansel & Gretel.