Hoboken Week in Review: 12/23/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 23, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 23, 2012:
Politics and Other City Happenings
- Gun Control – A little educational video to get you up to speed in the latest nationwide debate.
- Hoboken bike theft ring thwarted – Over four dozen bicycles recovered.
- Inappropriate Baby Transport? – What places should be off-limits for babies and todders?
- Shopping Local in Hoboken – May not mean what you are led to believe.
- Volunteer Ambulance – Will you donate?
- Roberts washed away – Hurricane Sandy wiped out the former Mayor’s beach house.
- Muni-Meters are cost-prohibitive? – After the storm, Hoboken’s
cash machinesparking meters are proving to be a liability!
- Robot Garage Fail – Technology not working out so well for parking garage customers.
Other Hoboken Updates, Features, Events & Commentary
- Hoboken Movie Theater Re-opens – Took longer than that PATH station!
- PATH Print – Did you get your limited edition piece of artwork to commemorate speedy commuting?
- The World Didn’t End – Hence why this didn’t get a top ranking.
- Dog Pack Walking – How many dogs is too many?
- Feliz Drunk-i-dad – Alcohol and sweaty, grimy Santa suits are all the rage these days.
- Amproso’s Cheesesteaks – Another Cheesesteak shop set to open in January.
- Hudson Baseball Center – Closest batting range and baseball center to Hoboken opens last week.
Today in History
- On this day in 1970, The original World Trade Center became the tallest building in the world for a short while. We all know what happened since then.