Hoboken Week in Review: 12/9/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 9, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 9, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- PATH Updates – No weekend service to midtown for a while…
- SPECTRA gas pipe – Potentially explosive gas line gets laid near Hoboken.
- Willow14 – Construction “smells” anger nearby residents uptown.
- Parks & Sewage – NHSA runs a smelly pipe right into the Hudson!
- Toll Brothers pays up – Mega Real Estate developer essentially admits they mislead investors.
- CARJACKED! – Affluent neighborhoods not exempt from ghetto crime.
- Union City Fire smokes Hoboken – Massive apartment fire visible in the Mile Square.
- We have park space – The city just doesn’t think outside the box…
Other Hoboken Updates, Features & Events
- 12-12-12 Concert – Star-studded musical performance to beneift those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Little Town New Jersey – Restaurant featuring the best of the Garden State resumes construction.
- Vagabondia Vintage – Opens up a Christmas shopping season pop-up store on the Avenue.
- John Apostolakos – Uptown Bagels owner passes away.
- Philly’s Cheesesteaks – Moving two blocks south.
- Elks Comedy Night – One of the best places to see a comedy act in town.
- Green Yo Yogurt – Yet another frozen yogurt shop.
- Papaya Dog – Quick review, nothing out of the ordinary.
- Ash Cigars – Hoboken’s third official smoke shop opens.
- UPS Store – Hopes to open on the 17th.
- Clearview Cinemas – Still closed as of press time.
Today in History
- On this day in 1916, American actor Kirk Douglas was born. He’s still alive today! Happy 96th!