Hoboken Week in Review: 12/2/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 2, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 2, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Rebuild Transparency – While other Hurricane Sandy charities are setup properly, the “Rebuild Hoboken” fund has more holes than Swiss cheese.
- Would free parking help? – The local Hoboken economy? Or should we get sales tax breaks instead?
- Emergency Ferry Service – Continues to midtown NYC from Hoboken Terminal.
- Fail Biz Saturday – Why did the local shopping event fizzle out?
- Parking garage fail – Yet another city-run garage mis-managed!
- Cold condos – Tempers flaring as some condo buildings slower to get back online than others.
Other Hoboken Updates, Features & Events
- ShopRite… months – Where you probably won’t be getting your Super Bowl spread this season…
- House of ‘Que – New BBQ spot hoping to WOW Hoboken.
- 35 Minute Bootcamps – Needs help rebuilding, offers promotional deals.
- Legal Beans – Floods so often, makes you wonder if they should even bother anymore…
- Holdays and Divorce – Help for those who are downtrodden this holiday season.
- FedEx breakup – The convenient drop-off boxes disappear. Now you have to walk further.
- TEDx Mystery – Do you even know what they do at these events?
- Whiskey Bar – Undergoing massive renovation and (possible) re-birth into something different.
- Bagel Man RIP – Uptown Bagels owner John passes away.
- Clearview Cinemas – Still closed as of press time.
Today in History
- On this day in 1939, one place I’ve never set foot in opened in New York: LaGuardia Airport.