Hoboken Week in Review: 11/18/2012
Weekly “Sandy” Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 18, 2012
For the third week in a row – Hurricane Sandy still the main focus in Hoboken!
And don’t forget – today is the last day of the Hoboken Artists Studio Tour. Check it out!
Here’s some of what happened in the past week…
Effects of Hurricane Sandy continue in Hoboken, NJ
- Clothing donations botched – The city made generous donations to the needy a massive mockery.
- Will Sandy hurt property values? – Some residents wonder if the Mile Square is losing it’s lustre.
- Nightmare at 1000 Jefferson – Continues… with poor pooches as possible victims!
- Media whoring? – Is it possible the excess TV coverage made things worse for Hoboken?
- Condo (mis)management – Frustration with property management companies after the storm.
- FEMA “gibberish” – Residents called the recent meeting at the High School a mess.
- Light Rail Location – Would our light rail have been better off located closer to the water?
- Hoboken Business Updates – Some quick hits regarding local businesses
- ShopRite trashed – Giant supermarket is down, but not out. Hopes to open by end of year.
- The Stone Hut – Bids farewell to Hoboken. Get discounts before month-end.
- Hoboken Man Salon – Brings back $10 haircuts on Wednesdays!
- Nag’s Head – Restoring and will be back soon!
- Refresh24 – Ultra convenient dry cleaner offering big discounts for new customers!
Today in History
- 1963: The first “push button” telephone goes into service. Actually easier to dial than an iPhone! Take that, technology!