Hoboken Week in Review: 10/21/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 21, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 21, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Haunted House banned in Hoboken – The bitter ghouls on the Board of Education spitefully denied a Halloween tradition that had taken place for decades.
- Elysian Park Upgrade – NJ Assemblyman Ruben Ramos fights for park upgrades in Hoboken.
- Dodgeball for adults? – House psychiatrist examines the curious phenomenon of local adults unable to graduate to more responsible mental states.
- Rent Control Concert – The town is divided on how rent control should be handled. This concert is pro-rent control.
- City Council meets again – Another contentious meeting provides entertainment for a few dozen people that watched.
- Scary Halloween – Local hair salon spices up Washington St. with a frightening political spook.
Updates & Events
- Ralph’s Ices for Rent – Bailing out after just two years?
- Manzo Halloween Bar Crawl – Celebrity pub walk on fright night!
- Maoz Vegetarian – Windows papered up – why?
- Muscle Maker Grill – Opens on the Avenue – remember, low-fat doesn’t mean healthy!
- FURgeddabotit Dog Walking – New trustworthy dog walking service for your pooch!
- Low Carb Anniversary – Recapping a beautiful first year of intelligent eating.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – Just 10 days left.
Today in History
- On this day in 1980, “Celebrity” Kim Kardashian was born (she looks a lot older than 32!) Kardashian spent some time in Hoboken buying Twinkies at ShopRite.