Hoboken Week in Review: 9/30/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 30, 2012
Don’t forget the Hoboken Arts & Music Festival today!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 30, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Sacs scrams, money follows – Maligned parking director Ian Sacs gives up on Hoboken, leaves the country. Mayor Zimmer still wants to give him your property tax dollars because he likes bike lanes.
- Parking Inflation – Parking garages in Hoboken raised prices hundreds of bucks a year!
- Andriani Ousted – Former HPD cop rejected in lawsuit against Hoboken.
- Private rubbish – Some residents quite miffed by dog poop in their precious trash bins.
- Curb text? – Maybe instead of colors – we should just spell the parking rules out in plain English… Directly on the curbs!
Updates & Events
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Hoboken – A fast food style Tex-Mex restaurant coming to the Avenue in 2013.
- You Life Back on Track – New Hoboken411 Feature with therapist Jessica Kasevich – first story about “Jersey” Girls and Sunday Football.
- iPhone 5 – Hype or not? – We honestly review the Apple iPhone 5. Not so bad!
- Papaya Dog – Another hot dog joint coming to lubricate our intestines.
- Schnackenbergs Renovates – An established mile square business gets a much needed revival.
- Go, Dog. Go! – Great family show at the Monroe Center for the next few weekends.
- Sunday Football Food – What are you going to chow on today?
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – Are you preparing your liver for the annual German excuse to drink?
Today in History
- On this day in 1980, Ethernet technology was unveiled by Xerox. Amazing it’s still around!