Hoboken Week in Review: 9/23/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 23, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 23, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Holy water debacle! – For nearly a week – Hoboken had some really crappy water conditions – and not much reassurance from United Water…
- How safe is the Midtown Garage? – Shoddy maintenance may have led to an attempted sexual assault.
- PATH train fire – Earlier last week was minor – but that little incident wrecked the entire morning commute for thousands!
- Traffic getting worse in Hoboken – Think about it.. at what point does all the paint, barriers, and f*cking rules just drive people nuts?
- Gassy Mile Square – Massive gas pipeline worries some locals…
- This is OUR town – Not the Mayor’s – When are you going to start revolting against hypocrisy?
- Clean Car Thieves! – WTF? Now carjackers have the balls to be picky and prefer clean cars to steal?
Updates & Events
- Farewell John’s Prime Meats! – Seems like the “butcher” is a dying breed these days in Hoboken.
- Photo tour of Hoboken – Take a 3 hour walking tour of the Mile Square with an expert photographer.
- Famous Pizza – They’re nowhere near famous, and already pulling “we’re closed” and “we’re open” stunts. I hate the pizza already.
- Prime Convenience – Hoboken 24 hour store cartel boosts their lineup.
- K.C. Kids Consignment – Finally completes their re-location closer to the main avenue.
- Crew Hair Studio – A new upscale beauty salon sprouts up midtown.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – See some beer-swilling options for the annual German excuse to drink.
Today in History
- On this day in 1845, the New York Knickerbockers (not basketball) played the first organized baseball game. You know, there is plenty of speculation that Hoboken is NOT the “birthplace of baseball…”
- And Happy Birthday to New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen – who turns 63 years old today!