Hoboken Week in Review: 9/16/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 16, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 16, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Attempted rape at midtown garage – City owned midtown garage is not safe, as woman nearly raped in stairwell.
- Shoddy Sinatra Drive – We keep telling you it’s in danger of collapsing. What are they waiting for? SOMEONE TO DIE?
- NJ Transit Plans “flawed” – Waterfront advocates “BOO” Mayor Zimmer’s high-rise.
- Hertz Corner Car finally towed – The car sharing system also has flaws.
- Hoboken Charter School Fire – Closed for over a week, kids get relocated to Jersey City Heights!
- Google Business Photos – Comes to town to take 360° photos of our beloved local bars and shops!
- Bike sharing coming to Hoboken – Shared bikes might lead to disastrous conditions…
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – Excuses to drink beer and mingle.
- Sabores Mexican Restaurant – Yet another shot at making 518 Washington successful…
- 16 Handles – Does Hoboken have enough frozen yogurt already?
- Mile Square Theatre Fall Fest – Tons of theatrical and comedy productions starting late September.
- With Love Ivan – Mobile doggie boutique comes to Hoboken.
- Hoboken Health Stop – Medical care – 4 hours per workday.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- On this day in 1959, the very first Xerox Photocopier was unveiled live on TV. Today you can deposit checks into your bank with your camera phone. Who needs paper anymore?