Hoboken Week in Review: 9/9/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 9, 2012
Don’t forget today’s closing reception for local artist phenom Ricardo Roig at the Hoboken Historical Museum!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 9, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Charter School Fire – Second day of school, the place burns down. What a shame!
- More high rises will flood Hoboken! – No matter what you read elsewhere – when it’s all said and done, Observer Highway will be a canyon of mega-high rises.
- Jackson St. Mess Continues – The traffic disaster downtown not improving at all. Thanks a lot!
- Bike theft on the rise in Hoboken – Bikes getting stolen like candy from a kid here in town.
- Fire Paranoia – People BBQ’ing in the backyard? Make extra dogs for the firemen that will soon show up.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Today’s the last day till 2013!
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Hoping to wow Hoboken residents soon.
- Cool Kids Cuts – Fancy haircuts for the kids.
- Mad One Jacks expands – Hair salons, however, do not need to be “maddening…”
- Giannone Wine – More booze in Hoboken for the increasing number of livers.
- Viola Vita Fall Collection – See the hottest Italian leather, before Bloomingdale’s even knows what it is.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- On this day in 1965, the US Dept of of Housing and Urban Development – and in 1966, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration were both formed. Who says our government isn’t big enough?