Hoboken Week in Review – 9/9/2007
Welcome to all the new registered readers!
Did anyone notice how jam-packed the city has been this weekend? The combination of the Italian Festival and the end of summer houses made Hoboken a little unbearable!
As always, feel free to send tips, rants, comments, drinks and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What fun & noteworthy items were covered in the past week?
News, items of importance & “Hot Topics”:
- Like Sardines – Last day of the Italian Festival in Hoboken. Great fireworks yesterday, and today old Hoboken band “Krystal” starts rocking at 3pm.
- Fenced Off – A quaint waterfront park at Maxwell Place is still inaccessible.
- King of Delays – Seems like everything Chris Campos is involved with gets delayed. This time it’s his own lawsuit & the 4th Ward Council election.
- Council – A recap of the bi-weekly Hoboken sham.
- Look Out! – The W Hotel project has problems with gravity.
- Planning Board – Movie Theater gets delayed, NoHo gets approved.
Community Events & Local Sports:
- Remembering 9/11 – Interfaith Memorial Service at Pier A this Tuesday evening.
- 1 – 0 – Hoboken’s High School teams starts off strong this year.
- All Aboard! – There’s still time left to get on the bus to the Mohegan Sun Casino. It ought to be fun!
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Fondue-bidably – The Melting Pot set to open at the end of this month!
- Pretzels for everyone – A very popular Philly pretzel franchise is setting up shop downtown.
- From dive to lounge – Previous (and popular) dive bar Rogo’s re-brands it’s image and bar.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Quiet this week
- No official reviews last week either!
Reader Mail Bag:
- Hooray for Bob! – Lost dog named Bob becomes a rock star as people all around would love to take him. Jeff from Cornerstone Pets explains it all.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Fashionable – New Hoboken411 writer tells all the ladies about Fall Fashion.
- Boob Tube – Actress Mischa Barton. Hoboken. End of story.
- Hobotown – Another weekly installment of T.G. Heins’ cartoon.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Sicko – Deranged homeless man attempts to trick girl into a car.
Recent Town Incidents: