Hoboken Week in Review: 6/10/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – June 10, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 10, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Voting locations change – Last minute polling location changes cause low voter turnout in Hoboken.
- Are bike lanes appropriate in Hoboken? – With already cramped streets, how does one expect paint on the pavement to prevent idiocy?
- Hazardous parking boots? – Can boots on the passenger side cause massive damage?
- Marshall Terrace – New condo development on a sliver of land downtown.
- Hoboken drunken bread crumbs – Boozed up revelers usually leave a trail of destruction behind…
- Birds love certain spots in Hoboken – Cute birdies are increasing in population!
- Graffiti continues… – Some areas of town the “tags” remain for weeks!
- Hoboken or Bust! – A family who moved out west missed Hoboken so much, they’re coming back – and blogging their three-week drive. How fun!
Updates & Events
- Lackawanna Food Court – New food & drink options for commuters, including:
- Sbarro Pizza – Why go to the mall, when the mall is coming to Hoboken?
- Tim Hortons Coffee & Bake Shop – Any chance Carlo’s should be nervous?
- Subway – If this is your kind of thing… (it is cheap, though)
- Manchu WOK – Now all the NJ Transit trains will smell like Hunan Beef.
- Phoenix Bar & Grill – Interesting people watching, or depressing saloon?
- Family Farmers’ Market continues on Saturdays – A fun event each weekend this summer.
- Uptown Farmers’ Market on Thursdays – The uptown weekly market on Hudson St. kicks off.
- Medicine Man Pharmacy – Pills are good, pills are gooood! (guess the movie!)
- San Giuseppe Sundays! – Tasty Italian – now available an extra day a week.
- The V Spot – New uptown nail salon ready to cut & polish soon.
- Carrera Salon – Another beauty parlor option to choose from.
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – Not helpful for those that believe mis-informed doctors and mainstream media. It’s never too late to jump ship and save your life!
- Bijou Birds – More birds flocking to Hoboken!
Today in History
- 1977: Yikes! The 35 year anniversary the Apple II computer from Apple. Would you say technology is helping or hurting civilization?