Hoboken Week in Review – 8/25/2007
This week: Maxwell Place still in the “news”, the streets of Hoboken aren’t getting any better, and delicious tomatoes are waiting for you to eat them if you hurry uptown to the Historical Museum today.
As always, feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What other noteworthy items were covered in the past week?
News, items of importance:
- A Constituent Speaks! – Let’s not forget about this important post from the previous week.
- Strike Three – Councilwoman Zimmer organizes a wiffle ball outing at Maxwell Place. Al Arezzo would be thrilled if the parking roof caved in.
- Gulp! – Hoboken’s streets take another victim via a giant hole.
- You’ll be filthy rich! – Will a Hoboken resident be the proud winner of a quarter billion dollars this week?
- Knee Deep – More talk about the usual flooding.
- Easy Job – One reader wonders about this “deputy” position in the Hoboken Housing Authority.
- Intersection Solutions – 411 brings up more than one way to solve the dangerous intersection issues. 1000 to 1 odds anything is actually ever done about it.
- Painfully long – Last weeks “special” council meeting goes into the wee hours.
- Fresh! – Get your Jersey fresh heirloom tomatoes TODAY over at the Hoboken Museum.
- Retro – Well known Hoboken band Krystal dusts off their guitars and makes a comeback this year.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Can you hear me? – Innovative website helps you plot your cell companies signal strength. Hoboken adds their input.
- C Sharp – A new music school/studio opens up quietly on Washington Street.
- Coming Attractions – The planned Clearview Cinemas theater is predicted to be doomed.
- Woof – Another dog supply store opens in northwest mid-town.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Shady – “Fancy” restaurant experiencing some controversy over an allegedly unpaid executive chef.
- Nasty feet turned nice! – A local Hoboken businesswoman creates an effective product to heal horrible feet.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Gloop – A reader watches contractors pour paint down the drain.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Hobotown – Another weekly installment of T.G. Heins’ cartoon. Many people comment on this week’s edition.
- Growing fast – 411 hits yet another milestone. Thanks, Hoboken411 readers!
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- In the dark – More power issues uptown.
Recent Town Incidents: