Hoboken Week in Review: 4/29/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – April 29, 2012
Hope everyone enjoys the seasonal spring day today! Catch up on what you missed last week, first!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 29, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Tim Tebow Mania – Hoboken411 was the first to report about Tim Tebow – and even local NYC news stations are still glomming!
- Chick bank robber! – Some lady robbed the uptown Chase bank for a grand. Probably needed the money to pay the exorbitant bank fees!
- FBI makes arrests in Hoboken – But not for city hall shenanigans!
- Tip cup chick busted – Some girl came to Hoboken for the treasure of other people’s hard work.
- Port Authority Charades contine – Billions in toll receipts, but local politicos having tough time finding out where all the dough goes!
- NYC Taxi Troubles – Mysterious cab rides from the city have been an ongoing problem. Reform?
- NJ set to become largest property owner in state – More laws being introduced to add power where it does not belong.
Updates & Events
- Red Mango Yogurt – Another yogurt shop set to add such glorious character to this city.
- WindMill Hot Dogs & Burgers – Hot topic in Hoboken!
- Puzzle Project – An absolutely awesome vision at the Monroe Center. Check it out (or even create one yourself!)
- Piri Piri BBQ – Gets glowing review in NY Times.
- LUA set to return – Favorite uptown bar / restaurant still on track to re-open.
- House music all night long – Bunch of DJ’s team up to provide something unique for a change.
- The Pavilion – Last show today!
- USTA Tennis League – Starts in about a month in Hoboken.
- Clearview Cinemas – Checking out a rainy movie today? (NEW! Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – Wake up and smell the truth, Hoboken!
Today in History
- 1968: The Musical Hair debuted on Broadway. Did you know that the creators of the play, James Rado and Gerome Ragni hailed from Hoboken?