Hoboken Week in Review: 3/25/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – March 25, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 25, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Mayor Zimmer ignores visitors – An elderly visitor gets shafted by the parking police and takes the time to write a letter – only to get no response.
- Crime: Bank Robbery – A guy steals almost 5 grand by saying he has a bomb at Chase Bank.
- Parking Meter Ripoff – Many Hoboken residents say the parking robots trick you into paying the maximum, even if you didn’t want to.
- Horrible Intersection – The city displays their “thinking skills” at a poorly executed intersection downtown.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Art – Lots of new galleries to check out in Hoboken.
- Cammareri’s Bakery – Carb shop doomed downtown. Even Cher couldn’t save ’em.
- Delight Deli – A new deli set top open up in the SW part of Hoboken.
- Air Studios – Woman’s clothing store moves a few doors away.
- Fish Emporium – Hoboken’s only aquatic pet store.
- Willow Billiards – Closing up for good?
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – What Mile Square images did we see this week?
- Clearview Cinemas – All about The Hunger Games!
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb updates continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! Start today, because it’s a perfect way to live your life!
Today in History
- 2009: Then Mayoral Candidate Dawn Zimmer showed her “leadership” skills by ABSTAINING on an important budget vote! Who does that?