Hoboken Week in Review: 2/26/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 26, 2012
Looking to get out after a windy start to this weekend? Head over to the Monroe Center (720 Monroe St.) for a free day of open artists studios to tour! Runs from 12pm to 6pm today – and has free parking available.
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 26, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Fire at 300 Washington Street – Devastates building and displaces all residents.
- Another fire at 1450 Washington – Not nearly as bad – in brand new condo tower.
- Are FD staffing levels too low? – That’s what the local fire unions say – and it puts residents at risk.
- Hoboken Lepre-Con – Coming this Saturday: Over 15,000 confirmed drunks! And two weeks later is a much lower key mid-weekday afternoon outdoor Irish Festival.
- Waterfront Towers Stalled – Hudson County “denies” application for the Monarch Project – we’ll see what happens next.
Updates & Events
- Aroy-D Thai Elephant Truck – Coming soon – good news for mobile food fans in Hoboken!
- Official Dessert of NJ – What is your vote?
- Maxwell Place – Getting closer to starting next phase of construction.
- Pet Adoptions! – Plenty of cute dogs and cats looking for warm, loving homes in Hoboken.
- Hoboken Photos – A new collection of locally-snapped pictures to enjoy.
- Clearview Cinemas – One new movie added to the lineup this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1993: The 19th Anniversary of the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing.
- 1909: The first color motion picture was shown!
- 1907: (Yesterday 2/25) was the 105th anniversary of the Hoboken Lackawanna Terminal.