Hoboken Week in Review: 2/12/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 12, 2012
Congrats again, to Hoboken resident Eli Manning and the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 12, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Crime on the rise in Hoboken – Who do you believe? Mayor Dawn Zimmer who lies about crime stats to make herself feel good? Or real Hoboken residents that report the truth of what’s happening in town?
- Mike Lenz back in the (negative) spotlight – Some political folks in Hoboken are shrouded in black clouds.
- Hoboken robbing residents, actually! – The city is on a crime-streak of their own – treating ordinary residents as a revenue stream for their own pleasure.
- SW Park nowhere closer – The big “park” in the SW corner of town is no closer than it was SIX years ago! Talk about efficiency!
- More traffic control – A new light becomes active uptown, which adds to the congestion caused by poor syncing – angering residents in the process.
- 1600 Park Update – Photo sneak preview of the new uptown “connecting” park and walkway to Weehawken.
- Walter Barry – RIP – A very influential figure in Hoboken’s waterfront development passes away. Missed by many for his good deeds.
- Do you trust your dog walker? – Seems like some residents getting shafted by unethical dog walkers!
Updates & Events
- Snooki parties at clubs – Just NOT in Hoboken (yet).
- Hoboken Grace – Modern Church adds new Sunday service – at a local watering hole.
- Right Angle – Frame shop opens up a 2nd location uptown.
- NY Waterway expands – Adding late night service on Saturdays.
- Funny Faces by Jessica – A super skilled kids face-painter and entertainer.
- Crop Shop Valentine’s – You still have a chance to have family fun in the name of love!
- Clearview Cinemas – Three new movies added to the lineup this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – More low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you in the new year! If you haven’t started – don’t wait much longer!
Today in History
- 1809: Happy Birthday, Abraham Lincoln! If you were alive today, you’d be a young 203 years old! (If you only ate low carb!)