Hoboken Week in Review: 2/5/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 5, 2012
Let’s go Giants!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 5, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Say NO to Fluoride in NJ! – Do NOT allow anyone to meddle with our water supply by adding neurotoxins!
- Hoboken Lepre-Con – No parade – but well over 10,000 people are already hell-bent on coming to Hoboken and getting sloshed – and we’re still a month out. Wow!
- Reform absent from Hoboken – The stunt pulled at last week’s Hoboken City Council Meeting wholeheartedly violated the public’s trust.
- Less cops = more graffiti – No one in Hoboken except those living in a rabbit hole believe “crime is down.”
Updates & Events
- Super Bowl in Hoboken – Whether you watch at home and order some catering – or head out to one of Hoboken’s great bars – enjoy the big game tonight!
- Hobson’s Choice – Closes after years of jovial times downtown near the PATH.
- Go Postal – Convenient shipping center moves to a central location in town.
- Lovin’ Cup Frozen Yogurt – Does Hoboken need so many frozen yogurt shops?
- Urban Nesters – A chic new store perfect for those who live the apartment life – coming this month.
- BoomCoups – A Groupon copy-cat in Hoboken fizzles out in a hurry.
- C & T Travel – to Cuba! – Yes, you can book a vacation to Cuba. But just don’t say that you’re going on vacation.
- Jessie James – Ladies clothing store had enough with NJ and the Mile Square, focuses on friendlier NYC instead.
- Lacrosse Clinics for Kids – Free Lacrosse Clinics at Stevens this month and next. For kids only – sorry!
- Clearview Cinemas – Sixdifferent movies to choose from this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low carb life in Hoboken gains momentum. Reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you in the new year!
Today in History
- 1958: The United States LOST a Hydrogen Bomb off the coast of Georgia. To this date – they still have not found it.