Hoboken Week in Review: 12/18/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 18, 2011
Just ONE week left until Christmas Day! Anyone excited yet?
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 18, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken’s Bad Parking Rap Continues… – At what point will “Revolt” happen with the blatant thievery taking place at the hands of the Hoboken Parking Utility?
- Hoboken Groper Arrested – The creep fondling women in town gets busted.
- Bike lanes in the winter – Hoboken hits a grand slam with a low-priority street job completed just in time for plowing the roads!
- Church Square Park needs a Prayer – Hmmm. City gets handed a “check” for $50k for playground work – oh, but nothing more than a publicity stunt. Burn.
- Stealing from the Handicapped – Now the parking police are even taking disabled spaces!
- WE love lunch trucks! – City Hall trying to craft “legislation” to “help” residents? We call it “stealing” and “anti-capitalism” and “we’re broke and need money” and (I could go on…)
Business Updates & Events
- Chicken Galore – Fantastic Fried Chicken coming in 2011!
- Top 5 Gifts under $50 – Hoboken411 lists some practical and sensible Xmas presents.
- Planet Fitness – Ridiculously low $10 a month gym memberships.
- Hoboken New Year’s Eve – Is the hype even necessary anymore?
- Cal’s Christmas Trees – Do you have yours yet?
- Dogs need Xmas love too! – Dog grooming gift certificates are a great idea for your shopping list in Hoboken.
- Going to church this week? – Don’t forget why we celebrate Christmas!
- Hoboken Weekend Planner – What else is happening in the Mile Square this weekend?
- Clearview Cinemas – Mission Impossible is NEXT week.
Today in History
- 1787: New Jersey became the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution. Hooray for common sense and good governance!
- 1996: “Ebonics“ became an officially recognized language – showing how far we’ve come along since our founding fathers. Sigh.