Doggie Christmas Contest: Win $100!
Izzy & Jaime win the Hoboken Christmas Dog Photo Contest
Received around 40 entries to the 2011 Dog Christmas Photo contest, and congratulations to Jaime and her dog Izzy for the winning photo!
“Izzy was down at Pier A Park with the Empire State Building in the background. She was out looking for the rest of the reindeer!”
Runner Up: Is that Santa?
Kathleen sent this photo of well-know Hoboken dog-walker Rich, and her new rescue dog Leon:
“This is a photo of my new Hoboken dog, Leon, brought up from the south by St. Huberts shelter in Madison and just adopted this summer. He is excited for his first snowfall, and is wearing his festive green collar with red harness.
The Hoboken landmark? Why, “Rich” the dogwalker, of course! He is suspiciously “traveling” December 24 – 26, however. He says that’s always his busiest weekend of the year. Hmmmm. We are lucky to have him here in Hoboken the rest of the year!
Happy Holidays to you and Oscar, from Kathleen and Leon!”
I really wanted to give Kathleen the top prize (just because it brought a smile to my face!), but because the scarf wasn’t really visible – I had to give the nod to Jaime for the more traditional photo. However, I’ve sent a consolation prize which I took off my bookshelf, and that’s a cookbook called “Baking for your Dog – Tasty Treats for your four-legged friend.” Hope you can use it Kathleen!
Win $100 – Hoboken Christmas Photo Contest for Dogs
Have a dog? Take good photos? In the Christmas spirit? Well then this should be a piece of cake!
Hoboken411 Dog Christmas Photo contest rules
- Dog must be yours – and dolled up in some kind of Christmas way (see photo above for an example).
- Has to be taken in Hoboken, with a visible Hoboken landmark in the picture. Any suspected Photoshop jobs will not be considered.
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org (Use subject: Xmas Dog Photo Contest 2011 – or it might get missed).
- Entries must be received by Sunday, December 18th, 2011 (one entry per dog).
- Winner announced next week (Photos may be used for publication on Hoboken411).