Hoboken Week in Review: 12/4/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 4, 2011
Just THREE weeks left until Christmas Day – wow, time flies! You better start thinking a bit more about your shopping lists!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 4, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- All about Hoboken parking, Parking, PARKING!
- Should Ian Sacs be fired? – So much going wrong at the HPU, including sexual misconduct – maybe it’s time for the Director to be sent back to the unemployment line where he came from?
- Hoboken parking regulations suck! – And 95% of the town agrees!
- Flawed “temporary” parking signs too! – A system that relies on a roll of tape is not sustainable.
- Other towns handle parking better than Hoboken – When residents travel across the country and take pictures of signs in other cities – you know there’s a problem here!
- Hoboken kids getting dumber under reform Board of Ed – Big time promises, and disastrous results. No wonder board members are pulling their kids out!
- Hoboken wants to kill lunch trucks – City Hall is essentially taking away YOUR choices when it comes to food options in town.
- Online games with other people’s identities – New laws to punish those that have no time for identities of their own (including here in Hoboken).
- Ugly Solar Panels – Thousands of unsightly solar panels in Hoboken and the rest of NJ – are they worth the little they provide?
Business Updates & Events
- GoRow Studios – A new fitness studio uptown to row, row, row your blubbery fat down the drain!
- San Giuseppe Pizza – Set to tantalize Hoboken taste buds THIS MONTH!
- Las Olas Sushi Bar and Grill – New owners renovate uptown restaurant.
- V’s Barbershop – Franchise barbershop coming soon to Hoboken’s main avenue…
- Trends Boutique turns one! – Ladies fashion store has a happy first birthday.
- Willow14 – Real Estate Developers respond to concerns of area residents.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Fantastic holiday theatrical production for the whole family.
- DJ & Violinist at W Hotel – Mia Moretti and Caitlin Moe to play W Hoboken next week.
- La Bella Vista Pizza Doomed – Pizza parlor doesn’t last the year on Washington Street; gets evicted.
- Clearview Cinemas – Have you seen a flick uptown recently? It’s not so bad!
Today in History
- 1971: The Montreux Casino burns down at a Frank Zappa concert in Switzerland – inspires Deep Purple’s famous song “Smoke on the Water.“