Hoboken Week in Review: 11/27/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 27, 2011
Hope everyone enjoyed their turkey dinner and long weekend (and didn’t over-eat the stuffing!)
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 27, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Criminal Parking Boots! – Fox 5 News proved that Hoboken’s parking boot practice is just plain wrong (and possibly illegal!)
- Hoboken wants to kill lunch trucks – City Hall is essentially taking away YOUR choices when it comes to food options in town.
- Fire at 603 Madison St. – The number of fires in town is suspiciously picking up.
- Sexual predator on the loose? – Women getting groped in Hoboken concerning many residents.
- Re-assessing Hoboken property values – Homeowners can still knock a substantial amount off their property tax bill in Hoboken.
- Common Sense Friday – Christmas Shopping doesn’t need to stress you out.
Business Updates & Events
- Fast Frame Doomed – Long time picture framing store calls it quits on Washington Street.
- Cal’s Christmas Trees – Ready to bring holiday spirit to your home with trees, wreaths and more!
- Hoboken Black Friday – Take a walk around Hoboken and support local businesses (or not).
- Clearview Cinemas – Unwind after the hectic holiday weekend and take in a relaxing movie.
Today in History
- 1924: The very first Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade is held!