Hoboken Week in Review: 10/16/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 16, 2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 16, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Wasteful “Education” – Many parents in Hoboken think the Board of Education is a corrupt group of people who spend your tax dollars as if it’s their own personal expense account.
- City loves anti-role models – The rate that public officials get away with vomit mouth is becoming alarming in this state!
- 14th St. Viaduct Update – The uptown landscape is changing before our eyes, include new traffic patterns.
- Cops DWI – The night shift is dangerous to Hoboken cops in more ways than one – should they be paid more to deal with it?
- Hoboken Help Wanted – If you need a job, you can get one in Hoboken. You might actually have to work, but it’s still money!
- Proper use for 911 – Only call 911 when you’re outside of the city you live!
- Superheroes or super-pains? – Are these costumed characters really any good? Couldn’t they still help without their fruity outfits?
Business Updates & Events
- Brothers on Call – Hoboken resident has his own “fix ’em up” Reality TV show!
- Monroe Center – Under new ownership with big renovation plans!
- You Lucky Dog – Offers grooming and pet supplies
- Cats of the Week – Are you ready to adopt some felines?
- Puppies to adopt too! – Two brand-spanking new pooches can be yours!
- Basile’s Pizza – Getting rave reviews from local residents.
Today in History
- 1964: China blows up it’s first Nuke.