Hoboken Week in Review – 6/10/2007
No major flooding last week in Hoboken! For those living in the 4th, 5th or 6th Wards, please remember that the Council run-off election is this Tuesday. Take a few minutes out of your day to vote.
Here are some brief highlights from the entries of the past week.
Feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Voting? – A good place to start if you want to get a summary as to what has taken place till now.
- Charter – Hoboken school recognized.
- Snap! – Local Hoboken photographer gets some props.
- Trust me – Town will discuss the future “blockage” of a historical landmark that wants to grow to 8 stories.
- Campaign mud-bath – The Fourth Ward election is filled with accusations and giant trucks showing horrible campaign commercials in the wrong ward..
- Hole in the head – Sybil’s cave says “open sesame” and begins excavating. City issues “stop work” order on themselves. Cops get overtime for guarding the hole in the wall 24 hrs a day.
- Hey Ladies! – LUA is throwing a “girls night out” tomorrow.
- For the Kids – “Kiddiepalooza” is today at Pier A.
- Family Ties – Summer schedule for the events at Shipyard Park is posted.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Venue gone Wild! – Previously doomed location to become a “Pan-Asian” joint.
- Cross-street – Bridal shop flips sides.
- eGone – eBay store vanishes, owes people money.
- Gourmet – A quaint sandwich/coffee shop gets reviewed.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Hoods – Tried having some fun coining new neighborhood names.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Thud – Car strikes pedestrian at one of the more dangerous intersections in town.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – OK, I’ll keep the LIVE police and fire scanner online. Just tell more people to use it! It’s fun!