Hungover from Irene
Irene is done & gone – time to move on!
But in case you missed it – below you can find a comprehensive list of the coverage, photos and videos published here over the past week. One for the history books (which will now be closed, thank you very much…)
Hurricane Irene stories in Hoboken, NJ – August 2011
- Hurricane Irene Herself – Hoboken411 began storm advisories 72 hours before any other media outlet!
- Flood Map – Letting residents know what to expect depending on the storm intensity.
- Hurricane Poll – Thousands of Hoboken residents shared their thought about what to expect from the storm – see the results!
- Stay or go? – Residents debated toughing the storm out or jumping ship.
- Preventing thirst – A tip about saving money during the mad rush to stock up on water.
- What about your pets? – Dogs in Hoboken have to go outside to relieve themselves, regardless of the weather!
- Dangerous Projectiles – Some folks were worried that not everything was done for safety purposes.
- PSE&G Hype Release – The local power company “prepared” people by saying power could be out for 3 weeks!
- High on dope – take a swim during a hurricane! – Hoboken police arrested two drugged up imbeciles who decided to jump into the Hudson River to make a YouTube video. I started a Hoboken Hurricane Blotter – but “down trees” was getting mind-numbing to type…
- Garden State of Emergency – Governor Christie put New Jersey in virtual lock-down mode.
Hurricane Irene Videos
- Last Minute Revelers – Even the day before the storm arrived – parking was impossible in Hoboken!
- Beer better than evacuating – Some uptown dudes made the right choice and had a booze party instead!
- Almost identical: Before & After – Some areas of Hoboken received such minor damage from the storm, it was next to impossible to tell it even came!
- Flooding Luck – Other areas came close – but barely escaped the flooding.
- Hoboken Voyage – Getting from Point A to Point B in some places was a challenge.
Hurricane Irene Photo Galleries
- Photo Gallery 1 and Photo Gallery 2 – The most complete and interesting collection of Irene aftermath photos in the world.
- Eerie Calm – Hoboken had a strange buzz the morning the storm approached.
- Hoboken has flooded before – A look at what the 1992 Nor’Easter did to our shore line.
- Katrina – Comparing Irene to historical storm you might remember…
- Row Boats – The city brought in a few rinky-dink boats just in case.
- Noah’s Ark – No jokin’ – it was really here!
- Storm creates recreational opportunities – A few enterprising guys build a fun raft – from scratch!
- No Cake Boss Lines! – There’s a silver lining to every bad situation!
- Gorgeous sunset – The otherwise brutal weekend ended on a beautiful note.
Seriously – I think I need a colon cleansing, a marathon yoga session and like 10 massages after all this Hurricane Irene talk. OVER!