Hoboken Week in Review: 8/21/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 21, 2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 21st, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Which Way? – Hoboken’s list of special street corners has grown tremendously over the past couple years!
- Contradictory City – The Mayor says she supports less traffic congestion and pollution – yet adds more traffic lights. Looks like a “one term press release” to me!
- Garbage Checker – Did you know our county employs people to monitor garbage? It’s getting to be too much!
- Council in a nut-shell – Some residents think the Hoboken City Government is sort of unproductive.
- Social Networks killing face-to-face? – Just watch how obsessed people are with their smart-phones. Even when outside, or with friends! What gives?
Hoboken Crime & Incidents
- Brutal weekend for Hoboken Police – Friday night was exceptionally bad in Hoboken – with horrible pedestrian accidents as well as drunken hit & runs.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Starts on September 8th!
- Nektar is sweet! – Hoboken entrepreneur creates a honey product for your cupboard.
- HomeMade Pizza Co. – Reviewed.
- JCF Boot Camp – New fitness class expands into Hoboken.
- Choc:O:Pain – Guess what? Hoboken has a new bakery coming to town!
- That’s Cheesy! – Better cheese selections can be found outside of Hoboken!
- Color your dog? – Would you dye your dog a different color – to make it look like a different animal?
- Hoboken Photographs – See the many new entries for the Photo of the Day series.