Hoboken Week in Review – 6/03/2007
Another rather slow week in Hoboken! The calm before the political storm called “the council run-off elections” on June 12th. Stay tuned for the Reporter Roundup tomorrow to hear about the mudslinging happening in the 4th Ward.
Here are some brief highlights from the entries of the past week.
Feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Will we get more flooding? – Hard to tell now, but there’s a chance we could get walloped if the storm scores a direct hit on Hoboken.
- BOOM! – Unannounced “Tactical Training” gives nearby residents anxiety.
- Fight! – Juveniles fight, smash cars, and cut each other near 10 Church Towers. Ah, the quality of life in Hoboken!
- Voting this Tuesday? – If you’re at all interested in the Hudson County Primary elections read this report and the second part here.
- Sold! – Over-priced rental tower sells their entire business to another multi-billion dollar conglomerate.
- Burn! – Early AM fire guts a home on 4th and Bloomfield.
- Signs of the Times – Campaign posters pepper our field of vision and block the beautiful ads on bus stops. I guess they forgot what they were bitching about last month.
- Got Rubber? – One reader suggests rubber sidewalks would be perfect for Hoboken.
- Bad Van! – Another reader points out how an illegally parked HFD van blocked the crosswalk for many days!
- Hob-Flix – “International Film Festival” continues through the 7th.
- Pentecost Festival – Tents, stuff for sale and kiddie stuff today over at OLG Church.
- Not a secret anymore – Hoboken’s annual “Secret Garden” tour is today.
- Crafty – Spring Craft Fair over at the Historical Museum, through June.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Witness protection program – “Pieces of Hoboken” now has a new identity, and is not doomed.
- Cashing out – Discount clothing store “Fowad” has a giant “for rent” sign in the window.
- Lua – An enjoyable and affordable Sunday Brunch at the very popular riverside restaurant with striking NYC views.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Not much fun this week. Boo.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Whatcha gonna do? – Another police training exercise perplexes and worries residents.
Recent Town Incidents: