Hoboken Week in Review: 8/7/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 7, 2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 7th, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Port Authority HIKES! – Fares & tolls for trains, bridges & tunnels proposed to go up BIG, leaving less money in the pockets of area residents to spend at local businesses.
- Save Hoboken Post Offices! – NJ Assemblyman Ruben Ramos urges the USPS to keep Hoboken’s post offices open.
- HUMC – The shady goings-on involving the “sale” of Hoboken University Medical Center.
- Curbing your dog – Folks get testy about our great four-legged friends!
Hoboken Crime & Incidents
- Nanny Assault – You heard about the Nanny beating a 6-month old baby here first.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents – plus more store burglaries again this week!
Business Updates & Events
- Sammy’s Roadhouse – Hoboken’s newest bar/restaurant opens up at the SkyClub.
- Garden St. Performing Arts – New school for music, dance, and more opens up on Washington St. uptown.
- Buskers – Closing this month.
- HomeSlice – Didn’t make it in Hoboken – looking to move elsewhere.
- Tacori at W. Kodak – Hoboken’s premiere jeweler adds to the impressive lineup.
- Hoboken Dog Wash – Expands into new larger location a block away.
- UNTUCKit – New shirt line for men comes from Hoboken.
- The Hoboken Man – Adds another day of $10 haircuts, and even cleans up Artie Lange!
- Iconic Fashion Lounge – A new place for ladies to get trendy clothes is coming soon.
- Cream & Sugar – New caffeine spot coming the middle of August.
- Duet Kitchen & Bath – Opens on 14th Street soon.
- Hoboken Photographs – See the new entries for the Photo of the Day series.
- Weekend Movies – Clearview Cinemas movie times and movie preview!
Today in History
- 1990: Operation Desert Storm began in the Persian Gulf. Where has all that fighting gotten us?