Hoboken Week in Review: 6/26/2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 26, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Dawn Zimmer Booed – At High School Graduation. Bet she’s thinking hard about next year!
- Hoboken Hates Visitors – Draconian parking regulations will likely pare down the spending power of visitors who would normally help the local economy. Just for pay raises for Zimmer’s crony staff? Really?
- Uptown Arts Festival? – What is stopping the city from showing some love for uptown businesses to enjoy the fruits of the semi-annual street festivals?
- HUMC Petition – NJ Appleseed starts an online petition to stop the sale of Hoboken’s Hospital due to a long list of questionable facts.
- 9/11 Memorial Disaster – Hoboken’s September 11th Memorial has been an embarrassment for quite a while. Now it’s completely destroyed.
- Handicap Privileges? – Several reserved “handicap” parking spots remain 100% unused in Hoboken, angering residents who struggle with parking.
- Expanding Hoboken? – They did it in Battery Park – why not Hoboken?
Business Updates & Events
- Johnny Pepperoni – Hoboken’s newest Italian Restaurant opens in a prime location.
- La Bouche Cafe – A new coffee shop opens soon downtown to try their luck at making money in Hoboken.
- July 4th River Cruise – NY Waterway offers a unique way to celebrate your American Patriotism.
- SquidJob – Local Hoboken startup tries to make finding reliable service companies easier.
- McCarthy’s Doomed – A casualty in the Hoboken Bar and Pub world.
- Crepe Grill Doomed – Bad luck, and a myriad of other city nonsense doomed a waterfront business.
- Hoboken Photographs – See the new entries for the Photo of the Day series.
- Weekend Movies – Clearview movie times plus a preview of the “Bad Teacher” flick.