Hoboken Week in Review: 6/19/2011
Happy Humid Father’s Day in Hoboken!
Some kind of uncomfortable humid weather expected today. Some ideas for you if Dad is coming to town: Either enjoy some indoor culture (like the famous 7th Inning Stretch play today) or have a cool cocktail on the waterfront!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 19, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Nonsense Continues – Catch up on the latest FBI development.
- Hudson River Death – A man ended up in the river near Lackawanna Plaza – and died!
- Zimmer cans Director – Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer fired Jennifer Maier – because she didn’t have “professional puppet” on her resume.
- Suspicious – Ordinary household trash often leads to calls to police department.
- City Council – The Council voted to lower salaries of the Mayor & Director – to save taxpayers money. It was vetoed by Dawn Zimmer.
- Hoboken hates visitors – If you stay in Hoboken more than 4 hours, you’ll be 100’s of dollars poorer.
- Toxic Green Hoboken – Mystery fluid!
Business Updates & Events
- ShopRite – Some residents are fed up with poor management and long wait times at the local supermarket,
- Big Boobs – Do they make your restaurant experience better?
- “Artists Lofts” – More condos being built uptown.
- Dating in Hoboken – Where can you take a date – that doesn’t involve booze or food?
- Swabbing is safer than planking – Hoboken411 tries to start a new trend to replace the lying-down game.
- Hoboken Photographs – See the new entries for the Photo of the Day series.
- Weekend Movies – Movie times plus a preview of the Green Lantern 3D flick.