Hoboken Week in Review – 4/22/2007
As you know, the big events of the past week happened exactly one week ago.
The monsoon rains and the four-alarm fire were top headliners for sure.
What else was noteworthy last week?
As always, you can send tips, comments, suggestions, restaurant reviews, incriminating pictures, testimonials, and flirts to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- The wood is on fire – Many photos HERE and HERE, plus some videos HERE.
- I’m soaking wet – Worst flooding in a long time. Politicians are salivating. Pictures HERE, videos HERE, and see how it all started HERE.
- City’s response – The Mayor and a couple officials go on tape.
- Contracts canceled – The Council makes it’s next chess move.
- The tide is turning – Incumbents lose 3 out of 4 Board of Education seats.
- Candidates Announced – Check here for all the latest discussions about the looming election.
- Poll-riffic – Keep checking the unscientific reader poll about the council candidates.
- Oops! – The database at city hall might be corrupt too. The vote-by-mail ballots are all mucked up.
- Loooong – Last weeks council meeting tests everyone’s patience. Next time it’ll be Chinese water torture.
- See you
soonin three years! – Couple departs from Hoboken to spend the next 1000 days floating in the sea.
New or Coming Soon (lots):
- Strip Trees? – The well known Xmas tree provider has expanded their offerings.
- Definition – New clothing store opens their doors.
- Nothing made the list this week. At least I don’t recall…
- Harbor-able – Nice place but we were let down. Will try again soon.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Not inflated, but… – A flat equated to free street parking for a Caddy. A post on 411 equated to fixed flat and re-located car.
- Hang up! – A reader express disgust at the local telephone monopoly.
- Hoboken should come standard with it – Issues regarding costly Flood Insurance.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Already covered up top
Recent Town Incidents: