Hoboken Week in Review: 6/12/2011
Happy Heat Wave Relief, Hoboken!
What a refreshing change we’ve had from the oppressive heat from last week!
A perfect day to get out and explore Hoboken!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 12, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Still Outstanding – Hoboken residents and politicians wait for the other shoe to drop in the FBI investigation.
- Bhalla finishes last – Career politician wanna-be Ravi Bhalla suffers an embarrassing defeat in the Hudson County Election. Back to the lowly council, sir!
- Towering Permit Inferno – Applied Housing suffered a 60-day setback on their dreams to add 22 more stories of compartmentalized living spaces to Hoboken.
- Hoboken411 gets action – The razor-sharp impediment that bludgeoned a resident’s big toe was fixed the next day. Bravo for reading comprehension!
- Pier Reflections – A new stage setup caused music from a pier concert uptown to rattle area residents. Problem solved.
Business Updates & Events
- Hoboken411 is Authentic and Local – Think about that as your surf the world. What sites are truly local?
- Hoboken Gay Bar Closing – The Cage – Hoboken’s only gay establishment is “conjoining” with their neighbor.
- Hoboken Consignment Shop – The highly popular “Second Time Around” is coming soon to Hoboken, much to the delight of residents.
- Late Night Happy Hour! – Village Pourhouse identified a niche, and that’s folks that have odd-hours and want a good deal!
- Applegate Farm Ice Cream – The newest ice cream shop uptown hopes to open before the Macy’s Fireworks!
- Delicious meat & cheese – The Home by the Range food truck makes a MEAN sandwich!
- Baby Luck – Lucky has yet another Hoboken entry – with Lucky Baby Boutique. Who would have thunk we were breeding a clan of gamblers?
- Dads, Grads, and Scotch – Madison Bar & Grill offering an exclusive Monday night event for fathers and sons.
- Weekend Movies – See a movie, would ya? Your flat screen TV may be top-notch, but not as big as the silver screen!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Experience, as a desire for experience, does not come off. We must not study ourselves while having an experience.”