Hoboken Week in Review: 4/24/2011
Happy Easter Hoboken!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 24, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Now the NAACP is involved – With the Ian Sacs & Dawn Zimmer preferential city worker treatment debacle.
- Cheap cop replacements? – What next? Hoboken filled with inept mall cops instead of real policemen? Jeez!
- Hairspray a big hit! – The fantastic Hoboken Theater Program (along with Paula Ohaus) gets big NYC Tri-State media recognition last week!
- City Council 2011 – Candidates, and more talking about next month’s election.
- Bogus Boot Bullsh-t! – Hey, Ho, Parking boots got to go!
- HPU thugs imprison other cars – Photographic evidence of a Hoboken Parking Utility employee blatantly breaking the laws they’re supposed to follow! That ain’t right!
- Elysian Park no longer dehydrated – Months later, water is restored to an uptown Hoboken Park.
Crime and Incidents
- Proof – When people start locking up toys – then crime and other petty nonsense is surely on the rise!
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
- Tribal Home – Ends their stay in Hoboken, but continues wholesale business and rug-cleaning.
- Lana Santorelli – To re-locate her art gallery here in Hoboken (from NYC).
- United Telecom – Verizon Wireless store to move two blocks north this May.
- Tony’s Hot Dog Cart – Moved cart uptown this spring!
- Hoboken Arts & Music Festival – Next Sunday!
- Bored senseless? – Then head over to Clearview Cinemas to watch a movie instead!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Mia the Snake – Makes her slithering debut on Hoboken411.
- Driver or Pedestrian? – Who’s at fault in the game of Pedestrian Pinball in Hoboken?
- Cornering the Real Estate Market – Hoboken Realtor Brian Murray back with another Gold Coast installment.
- 100 years ago in Hoboken – See what the issues were in Hoboken back in 1911!
- Stroller Overload? – Some businesses in Hoboken need to post special rules for folks with little tykes.
- What do you love about Hoboken? – Hoboken411’s version of a Good Friday in the Mile Square.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.”– Clarence W. Hall