Hoboken Week in Review – 3/18/2007
Super quick recap of the past week.
Council candidates come forward, Maxwell Place saves $6M bucks, we say farewell to a good business, and have a new pizza sign than can serve as a beacon for Trans-Atlantic flights.
Send tips, comments, suggestions, stories, hate-mail, love-letters, snacks, meatball recipes and pictures to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
Oh, and if anyone’s an expert at SQL database optimization, please let me know! I want to run some configuration numbers by you.
News, items of importance:
- Contruction Probe – Widens.
- Elevator Up! – Library gets easier to access for those with disabilities.
- Peter Cunningham – Announces his run for 5th Ward Council.
- “Take! Oh, I mean Cut!” – Smile, you’re on Candid Hoboken. Videotaping now allowed.
- Candidates Announced – Let the Council election show begin.
- Great Strides – Happy and glossy newsletter appears in our mailboxes.
- Eh, it’s only $6 million bucks – Maxwell Place is let off the hook a bit.
- Good evening, sunset – Sunshine Week 2007 concluded this weekend.
New or Coming Soon:
- Bright lights, big pizza – Giant sign comes along with a slightly different name for this previously hit-or-miss late-night pizza stand.
- Cooperative – A corner shop space is used for something other than the typical cookie-cutter store.
- Keep on fighting back! – Hoboken bids farewell to a true entrepreneurial spirit that cared about women’s safety.
- No new reviews this week.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Can’t Stand the Taxi.. uh.. Stand – Common courtesy seems to evaporate near the PATH area taxi pickup line.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Thick as a Brick – Assault in broad daylight luckily leaves victim with no serious injuries.
Recent Town Incidents: