Hoboken Week in Review: 4/10/2011
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 10, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Angel Alicea Resigns – Maybe it had something to do with the FBI visiting the Hoboken Public Safety Director?
- Hey Mike! – Councilman Mike Russo has only his surveillance videos released by the FBI. Gets verbally lashed at City Hall.
- City Hall Hypocrisy – Some politicians selectively attack others, when most of they are in the same flock.
- Busted! – One of the worst sidewalks in Hoboken, but nothing gets done.
- Parking Pipe Dream – Hoboken needs more parking, no doubt. But the city tries to eliminate cars instead. Not gonna happen.
Crime and Incidents
- Uptick continuing? – Some more evidence that supports the crime increase in Hoboken.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to peruse some of the noteworthy incidents in the Mile Square.
- Tribal Home Doomed – The unique furniture and rug store says bye-bye after four years.
- Napoli’s Pizza – Updates their menu…
- Pizza Republic – Expands their diverse menu as well!
- Paul Vicent – Art Show today: “Sophisticating the Negro.”
- Easter Bunny – One of the Easter Egg hunts next weekend.
- Bucket of Popcorn – Movies at Clearview Cinemas to choose from.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Ice Cream Man – Anna takes a look at some of the suspicious ingredients in some Hoboken Ice Cream.
- What else? – Exactly what is Hoboken missing?
- Henry has a home! – The cute black Lab rescue from Georgia found a home the same day!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out… without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.”– H. L. Mencken