Hoboken Week in Review – 3/4/2007
Fun controversy in the past week. Hoboken sure is a jolly good super-duper town to live in.
What were some of the notable postings in the past week?
Send tips, comments, suggestions, stories, hate-mail, love-letters and pictures to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Banished – The one place for the truth gets eliminated from city computers.
- Biased – A guy gets jumped because of his clothing choices.
- Boats Required – Noah must be a new developer in town. Moses needed to make way for cars.
- Blocked? – You ban. We find ways to un-ban.
- Bullocks – The SW redevelopment plan more holes than a NASA screening process.
- Council Stuff – The usual recap from the tortuous bi-weekly meeting.
- Un-stable – Horsing around with the construction code office investigation.
- I’m green with… – All the hype and controversy regarding the St. Patrick’s Day parade is now behind us.
- Charitable – The Hoboken Country Club Charity throws their first event at Trinity.
- Ha ha ha – The second not-so-annual Elks Comedy night was this past Friday. A mini-review later in the week.
- And 100 more – The famous Lackawanna Train Terminal celebrates the big 100. Politicians on hand to commemorate and load up on positive PR pictures.
New or Coming Soon:
- Four L’s – Opened and now dishing out pizza.
Doomed or closing soon:
- Nothing officially made the doomed list this week.
- Nothing officially reviewed this week.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- 10-4, copy that – New exclusive feature on Hoboken411. Listen to all the police and fire action in the safety of your own home.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Accidents and beatings. Hmm, same stuff happened last week.