Hoboken Week in Review 2/11/2007
A possible snow storm this week will just add to the list of things to complain about in Hoboken.
What was discussed last week?
Send tips, comments, suggestions, stories and pictures to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- 4th Ward – Dawn Zimmer announces her candidacy for Council.
- Reprimanded – Some things are considered unethical.
- Election Stuff – General election info. Please get out and vote this year!
- Previous Results – Dissatisfied with the current city government? Look at these results and see why.
- Pow-Wow – See what happened at the last City Council meeting.
- A little safer – Took the city long enough to finally make one intersection less hazardous.
- But not as safe – Yet others are still riddled with problems.
- HUMC – More about the $52 million dollar fiasco, and what you won’t see.
- Had Enough! – Council President abstains from the job this year.
- Drunken Mayhem – St. Patrick’s Day is already making me queasy.
- Color me red – A fun (and snowy) Valentine’s Day event for kids!
- Old Skool – The 1970’s exhibit plugs along at the Historical Museum.
- Into The Woods – Now playing at the DeBaun Auditorium.
- V-Day – He said “Vagina”.
New or Coming Soon:
- Harrison Market – SW Residents are relieved they don’t have to walk a mile to buy milk.
- Jubilee – NYC shoe store has a Hoboken address now.
Doomed or closing soon:
- A quiet week in the doomed department.
- Shades, not blinds – 411 finally chews the fat at the latest restaurant in town.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Not a “Love Shack” – Take a look at these elaborate cribs on the hill.
- He said, She said – A few of the noteworthy reader comments.
- Teddy is not a bear – But a pan-handling hobo on the PATH train.
- iDiot – We discuss how brain-dead some people get when armed with an iPod.
- Awww, how cute! – Two adorable black labs need a new home.
- Mrowr – And Sammy the cat needs a new home too!
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- DUI is an epidemic – More reckless and drunk driving. It wasn’t a councilman, so he’s gonna be in BIG trouble.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Water leaks and brain farts make the list.