Hoboken Week in Review 2/4/2007
Yet another week goes by.
Here’s a mini-recap of some of the recent stories.
Send tips, comments, suggestions, stories and pictures to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- We have no University – Yet we have a hospital named after one.
- Robots – A NYC automated garage makes news. But this one will probably work.
- St. Pat = Drunk – Debate over drunken lunacy.
- OPRA – Our city keeps secrets, and the judge doesn’t seem to care too much.
- Hudson Restaurant Week – Third annual eating event.
- Touchdown! – Sunday won’t be the same. Where are you watching?
New or Coming Soon:
- Hey Joe – Store coming eventually to Edgewater.
- Da Vinci – They’re still working on it.
- Sleeping in – Furniture shop tries to hang in there.
- Subway – Re-opens. Town goes nuts.
Doomed or closing soon:
- Sore back – D’Auria Chiropractic shuts down.
- Out of the way – Reviewed a place no one really ever eats at. Not bad!
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Kick ’em to the (dirty) curb – Reader notes how the debris just gets blown around.
- Sybil – Another reader asks about the political stunt-cave.
- Flashback – Slide show of the past few months.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Punks – Reader is sick of the cocky thugs who think they’re all that. We say bring back Charles Bronson.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Fights and armed holdups make the blotter.