Hoboken Week in Review: 12/5/2010
28 Days left in 2010!
I just can’t wait til 2011 – so much easier to type!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 5, 2010 – lots of business updates!
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking sucks! – Do the math. Parking stinks, and is only getting worse in Hoboken as we add more residents who love the freedom of driving.
- Wild Animal! – Zimmer crony Nancy Pincus spewing hate like a wild beast, with no comment from Dawn. Meanwhile Rabbi’s and other organizations condemn her nonsense.
- Don’t surrender! – Some people see the social engineering and psychological manipulation behind government programs.
- Council Circus – The city council meeting was another side-show presentation. With coached insiders pretending to be “real” constituents, and hours wasted on a just 0.05% of the total city budget.
Crime and Incidents
- Mommy Nature – Created windy conditions with spotty damage throughout the Mile Square.
- Blotter – A selection of interesting mischievous incidents last week.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- You can have fun in Hoboken! – That’s right – Big Fun Toys has tons of inventory for your holiday shopping list!
- Happy Anniversary – Exquisite Italian Handbag shop Viola Vita celebrates their 2nd successful year in Hobo-town.
- Uptown more convenient now – Nick’s Convenience Store finally re-opens nearly a year after a fire gutted the joint.
- Sweet re-location – Lepore’s Chocolate has a new home a few blocks south.
- Bank on it – Another name change for a local bank, as Wachovia will be Wells Fargo in 2 months.
- Worth the short trip – Hamilton Inn just minutes away in next-door Jersey City will be a bar/restaurant that stays in your rotation. Highly Recommended.
- COMING SOON!
- Not so sweet? – Big for-rent sign at Jem’s Chocolates on Washington Street.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Boxes are not safe! – Just because you have a locked door to your lobby doesn’t mean it stays shut all day. Be careful with your UPS & FedEx shipments!
- More Theater Choices – A quaint theater with stellar actors is also right next door in Jersey City!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“We must not look to government to solve our problems. Government is the problem.”– Ronald Reagan