Hoboken Week in Review: 11/28/2010
One big holiday down, two to go
One major year-end holiday complete, with Christmas and New Year’s are just a few weeks away. Enjoy it while you can!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 28, 2010:
Holiday Happenings in Hoboken
A nice slow week in politics – so great holiday events can get their deserved mentions!
- Giving in Hoboken – See the many charitable events that took place for Thanksgiving in Hoboken.
- Dancing! – The Nutcracker fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club is coming up a week from today!
- Singing! – Charles Dickens’ The Mystery of Edwin Drood is next week too!
- Spare threads? – Hoboken High School holds their annual clothing drive fundraiser…
- A great day for the Elderly – Walk the Walk Foundation volunteers time to feed the Senior Citizens at the Elks Lodge.
Crime and Incidents
- Weeo OOww! – A frenzied hour of sirens in Hoboken yesterday – see what nonsense took place.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Do you have Clear 4G Wireless? – Wireless Data company Clear comes to Hoboken with two weeks of giveaways and events. Hoboken411 is testing the service with good results so far.
- HO HO HO! – Christmas Trees now available in the neighborhood! Check out the two best places in town:
- Success out of the gate – A video overview of the new downtown bar/restaurant The Village Pour House.
- Balbo’s! – More new pizza coming downtown by the PATH station in 2011.
- Group Sweating – Work it Out! Fitness Boutique opens up on Willow Ave.
- Slice conversion – A mini-mart near the Hospital also starts serving pizza.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Spectacular – Behind the scenes photos from a Hoboken resident who takes part in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year!
- Pat-down! – Airport security getting ridiculous. There’s more to this story than you think.
- Black Friday Hype? – No matter what you see on the “news reports,” it seems as if this shopping frenzy wasn’t as bad around here. See the funny SNL parody of the whole debacle.
Seasonal Quote of the Week:
“The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.”– Johnny Carson