Hoboken Week in Review: 10/17/2010
A Beautiful Fall Day!
Hope many of you have plans to get out of the house today, and enjoy a brisk autumn day! Until you do, here’s what happened in Hoboken last week…
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 17, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Street Collapse: Week 2 – The man-made street/pier collapse (not a sinkhole) is well onto it’s second week. See updated photos and ask yourself “when will it be completely repaired?”
- Brown Water Possible – United Water doing some infrastructure inspections for a few weeks, and may result in discolored water…
- Lenz List grows Longer Hoboken411 is the only source you’ll get the true stories about questionable 4th Ward (appointed) Councilman and candidate Michael Lenz, including these updates last week:
- The Lenz connection between no-bid lawyer contracts
- How Lenz got his cushy job in the County despite having zero qualifications
- How the (now convicted) Perth Amboy Mayor illegally funneled money to “operatives” like Lenz in years past
- 4th Ward – Bookmark this link for what you need to know about the special election next month.
- Hail Yes! – Hoboken residents were amazed at the show Mother Nature put on for us…
Crime and Incidents
- Police Blotter – Summary of a few noteworthy incidents last week in Hoboken.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Garlic Breath – Today is the 4th annual Heirloom Garlic Festival at the Historical Museum uptown!
- Baseball Playoffs Continue – Will we have a Yankees vs. Phillies rematch?
- Feeding Hoboken for 30 years – Big congrats are in order to Malibu Diner – for reaching their 30th Anniversary in the Mile Square.
- Win an iPad – You just need to attend Wicked Wolf’s Wednesday Trivia nights!
- Pour me a drink! – A status update for Village Pour House downtown…
- Washington Facelift – As well as an update for 1 Republik Bar & Restaurant – as they prepare to spruce up the Avenue.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Two new Features on Hoboken411:
- Jersey Bash – South Park mocks all things Jersey (at least what you see on TV)
- Dust Sucks! – Many residents have overwhelming dust in their apartments… do you?
- Doggie Bath on Wheels – A review of a mobile dog wash that services Hoboken.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.”– E.F. Schumacher