Hoboken Week in Review 12/17/2006
Happy Holidays in Ho-Ho-Hoboken. One week left till Christmas Eve! Do you still have shopping to do?
As always, feel free to send gift-wrapped tips, pics, and comments to: Hoboken411@gmail.com. Yes, I’m still wearing shorts. It’ll be 63 degrees on Monday!
News, items of importance:
- SW Parks – The single most important item on this weeks Council Agenda.
- Automated Garage – Closes today for the next week or so.
- St. Mary – The more we look at this, the harder it gets to understand.
- Private Parking – Is a one way street. Steeply up up up.
- Westside Parks – Have to stay on top of our elected officials, otherwise we’d never see the sun.
- Little Shop of Horror’s – Today’s the last day of this Kid’s Musical.
New or Coming Soon:
- Four L’s – Coming next month to replace Favia Lite.
- Hobokengreetings.com – The new web shop opened by local artist Ray Smith.
- Garden of Eden – Coming this Tuesday or Wednesday. Local shoppers rejoice!
- MackeyBlue – Retro shop uptown cuts the ribbon yesterday.
- Lhea Skincare – Officially unlocked the doors last week.
- Sushi House (uptown) – Will be opening in the next week or two!
- Sleep Cheap – Rising rents causes sleepless nights and eventual exodus for this local furniture shop.
- “Cleaner” – Plurally-challenged dry cleaner saying sayonara when they shut down on the 30th.
- Fowad – Amazing how a face-lift can attract new customers to this sample-based clothing shop.
Fun, Games and Random Observations:
- Hoboken Christmas Gallery – Browse the great Christmas images shot at night.
- Christmas Bonuses – Environmentally sapping SUVs dominate the comments to this article about xmas bonuses.
- Addicting holiday game – Is fun, but testing my patience.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Robberies, delinquents and the usual INEPT DRIVERS make the cut.