Hoboken Week in Review: 9/26/2010
Hoboken Week in Review 9/26/2010
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 26, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Un-called for! – Many residents report that Mayor Zimmer verbally abused a Priest last Sunday. No formal apology given by Dawn. She’s probably nowhere near a church today!
- Police Jobs Safe (for now) – The jobs of 18 junior cops were saved through creative work and persistence by Police Chief Falco and resident Perry Belfiore.
- Idea Theft! – The administration pats itself on the back for an idea someone else was plugging (Perry Belfiore).
- How Special – Some updates to the upcoming 4th Ward Special Election in November.
- Hoboken’s Biggest Debacle – If you were thinking “What is the Municipal Garage?” you are correct. With added multi-million dollar lawsuit as the bonus answer.
Crime and Incidents
- I need some meds! – Many of us may one day need the services of the Hoboken’s Volunteer Ambulance Corp. Now’s a prime time to donate! Every little bit helps!
- City Theft! – Hoboken must be desperate for cash – and maybe that surplus isn’t all that when they start booting essential work in town – like from the phone company. What next? Booting fire trucks and ambulances?
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Kids of all ages! – Mimi Kids Yoga opens up at 10th and Bloomfield offering fitness choices for kids, adults and even seniors!
- The heat of the kitchen – Copper Kettles Kitchen Store set to open up on the Avenue before Thanksgiving!
- Pita-fully great! – A new Mediterranean Lunch Truck makes it’s way to Hoboken.
- Do-Over! – Zin Home downtown has re-branded itself and has a whole new suite of offerings that residents are loving!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Fall Festival – The Arts & Music Festival is NEXT SUNDAY! Care Bears on Fire!
- KID & PK – Some insight to the notable graffiti you see all over NY and NJ!
- Better late than never – The Hoboken Charter School finally opens – two weeks late!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.”– Red Auerbach