Hoboken Week in Review: 8/29/2010
Your weekly Hoboken Refresh
Weekly highlights of buzz-worthy stories in Hoboken!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 29, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Exposed! – Double-talking (appointed) Councilman Michael Lenz exposed again – this time PolitickerNJ takes cues from Hoboken411 and expands on the story. Exactly what’s wrong with politics in Hoboken. You’ve been warned!
- Robots! – New parking meters installed by city hall. Guess the quarters were too heavy for them. They should work out more!
- Inappropriate! – A car assigned to the office of Mayor Dawn Zimmer is spotted late at night parked illegally with the lights on. City mis-management once again.
- Go ahead and ride! – The city promotes bike usage, but offers no public safety awareness campaigns says one resident.
- BZZZZ! – Will the city provide reserved parking for those looking to buy electric cars?
- Oh, Sybil! – The Sybil’s Cave “Park” that has the Mayor’s name on it is overgrown and uncared for.
Crime and Incidents
- Cake Assault! – Remy Gonzalez, co-star of Hoboken’s famous Cake Boss show gets arrested for various sexual assault charges!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Jennifer Knapp! – Playing at Maxwell’s tomorrow night!
- Short Skirts! – Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery rumored to be coming to the Mile Square!
- High Five! – Lounge 11 getting a makeover and a new name!
- Blinding! – A new window treatment company added to the Hoboken411 directory.
Other Hoboken Updates
- How Sweet! – New Hoboken “Health Corner” feature activated. This month’s topic: Sugar.
- Are we there yet? – Those cool GPS stickers are from a Hoboken-based company!
- Count Statula – Hoboken411 provides some insight into the web-stat tracking world.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality.”– Ayn Rand