2010 Hoboken Spaghetti Dinner Block Party
Don’t forget – the pasta party is tonight! Buy some drinks to support the Hoboken EMS at the very least!
Roberts legacy lives on
Back in 2005, under former Mayor Dave Roberts’ watch – the Hoboken Spaghetti Dinner Block Party was started to celebrate Hoboken’s 150th Anniversary. The idea was to recreate a community event that took place in 1955 for the City’s 100th Anniversary – a Block Party on Washington Street, but it makes more sense to do it on the waterfront these days.
Ticket sales are dragging this year for some reason – but if it helps motivate some of you – part of the proceeds go to support the Hoboken EMS – a fine organization in town that saves lives every week.
Hoboken Spaghetti Dinner Block Party
Thursday, September 2nd (5:00pm to 8:00pm)
Spaghetti Dinner Deets
- Where?: Walkway along Sinatra Drive bet. 1st & 2nd Streets (it used to be closer to Sinatra Park – but Pier C construction is still in the way).
- What can I eat?: 4 kinds of pasta, meatballs, sausage, salad, bread & dessert
- IMPORTANT:What can I drink?: Wine, beer, water, soda, will also be available at additional cost and sold to raise funds for the Hoboken Ambulance Corp.
- How much?: Tickets are $15.00 in advance (deadline for discount tickets is Thursday Aug. 26th) Tickets purchased after deadline are $20.00 each. To reserve a table of 10 = $150.00. Tickets are limited
- Where can I buy tickets?: Tickets can be purchased at City Hall, the Cultural Affairs Office – 94 Washington Street – or call Gerri Fallo at 201-420-2207.
- I can barely walk – can I mail a check?: Sure! Checks should be made out to the City of Hoboken and can be mailed to: Hoboken Division of Cultural Affairs – 94 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ 07030. include a piece of paper with your name address & phone number and how many tickets you would like to purchase. (Be sure your math is good.)
Enjoy the carbs!