Hoboken Week in Review: 7/25/2010
What is happening now, Hoboken?
Even in a mile square city like Hoboken – tons of interesting stories surface each and every week!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 25, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Canned Cops? – No, not a ShopRite “Can Can” Sale, but city hall talks of eliminating Hoboken Police Officers.
- Hoboken has no more Cake Boss? – Judge rules that the “Cake Boss” show cannot be called “Cake Boss” anymore due to copyright stuff. What would you call the Carlo’s Bakery show?
- Highrise Hoboken! – Just watch – a never ending stream of requests to stuff more residents into the mile square. When will it stop?
- 100th St. Ann’s Feast! – Much to the delight of thousands of Hoboken area residents, the St. Ann’s Festival is in full swing. Other residents, however – have bought Advil in BULK.
- Why cut cops first? – A Hoboken resident sends an open letter to Mayor Dawn Zimmer – possibly shining light on what it truly means to be a law enforcement officer in town.
Crime and Incidents
- Congestion at Lana Lounge – A FOX 5 Traffic Reporter moonlights as a bartender at Lana Lounge. Proceeds to cause a digestive traffic tie-up in the 2nd floor ladies bathroom – resulting in a visit to HUMC.
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to get the pulse of the city. The best entertainment – no repeats ever!
Business & Events
- 60 days to more sexy – The newest Hoboken fitness club guarantees you’ll be whipped into better shape in just two months! Try Koko Fit Club today! Program starts August 1st.
- Now that’s great pasta! – Hoboken411 is personally a huge fan of the newest food truck in town: Vito’s Lotsa Pasta. You gotta try it to believe it! (penne with vodka sauce – highly recommended by many!)
- Get more time back in your life – Better than your usual wash & fold – Garment Valet picks up and delivers your laundry or dry cleaning – like a VIP rock star. Fantastic.
- Korean Fried Chicken – Many Hoboken residents swear by the methods used to prepare Korean Fried Chicken (not yo’ momma’s KFC). Give Chicken Factory on Washington St. a try and share your feedback!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Hoboken411 runs through an array of different products you might certainly find interest in this week:
- The best underwear for hot weather (and all year round!)
- Are you ready for 3D TV yet? The best deals of the year are happening this month only!
- Two perfect summer beverages to enjoy during our sweltering weather.
- A new fan that will cost you at least $300 beans. Cool, yes. But is the Dyson Air Multiplier worth it?
- Weighing yourself is a pain. A new WiFi scale that makes tracking your fitness level 100% painless!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Even miracles take a little time…”